Friday, July 08, 2005

Prom Night is approaching!

And as usual, it's the famous "If you do, I will go. If you don't go, I won't go." cases....

Seesh.

Make up your own mind yourself! Why do you need your friends/family/fiends to say that they are going, before you decide to tag along?

Oh well. I guess it is boring to go to a prom alone. Then again, do you really need 1 person to say that he's going to start the ball rolling? Can't you start the ball rolling, or even, head to prom irregardless of whether they are going or not?

So, all it takes is someone to say "Hmm, $80 a bit expensive leh. I don't feel like going...", and the world suddenly echos what has been said. Although I do agree that $80 is a tad expensive, but think about the location: Ritz Carlton. Sure, the council can easily select some run-down hotel and all everyone needs to pay is $20. But, then what's the point about the prom? Everyone wants something that is cheap, but at the same time, good. You don't get that in the world we live in today.

Surprisingly, the same can be said of the opposite. Let's say, if everyone is going for the prom, and you are the only odd one out, and you are pretty cool and stuff in class, I think everyone will ask you to go to the prom, and you will very likely end up saying yes.

So, which is it? Peer pressure for being the odd one out, or the bond together thing?

Perhaps even both?

Who knows? Everyone is different, after all.

Oh well. Hopefully I don't have to cancel my Prom trip because there isn't enough Chess Club peeps/CG peeps. After all, it can be boring =P.

Fine...I'll admit. I'm sometimes also for the "one for all, all for one" thingy. LoL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home